Monday, June 14, 2010

Ready to run

The hot weather has slowed everyone down, mentally and physically and my normally exuberant boy spends most of his time in the run in shed now.

I can't say I don't blame him. I wish I could hang out in the shade too, preferably with a box fan or six on me, a tall cool drink of something on the side and my friend around me.

Reporting on what's been going on with Sincere for May is a bit like reading the Level One readers; basic, with very little effort.

Truth is, as much as I like working on the upper level stuff, I enjoy the young horse end of it as well. He is enthusiastic about his current job, works well on the triangle and clips. Isn't too sure about the farrier and pulling his mane is a pain (even with drugs), but overall not a bad month of progress.

For June, I guess working on conditioning, trailer loading. If I have time, I would like to take him for a dunk in the pool, and get him through one of those fun lead trough trail courses. Keep the next few months especially easy for the heat and his upcoming lower-lobotomy.

No comments: