Saturday, March 19, 2011

HeLlo HeLlo

It's the wee early hours of the morning (alright it's 7am after the time change) and the weather has been too nice to stay inside. So no blogging.

The week was busy to say the least, between three clinics (Stephen Bradley this week, Christoph next and two weeks after Debbie McDonald) to execute and prepare for, finding riders, creating media campaigns, attending the L program, riding and that pesky thing called a day job it's hard for a girl to catch a break.

Last week I went up to Ohio to finish out the B session of the L program. Everything went well and all participants, from my experience had a good time. These sessions only serve to improve the community and create better future judges. We went through the entire scale and the use of marks. Plus there was also a lot of side discussion of judge fetishes. In the end, I came home ready to work again. There is something strange about the effect the program has on me, it creates the expectation that if I am to judge then it's my responsibility to ride the test as physically as best I can.

The pony is doing fantastically for coming back into fitness. We worked thoroughly on bending and quality of movement through short periods of time. Sessions maybe, at most last a half hour at this point before she's tired. She is still a little sticky in the walk-canter transitions.

In two weeks we have Christoph Hess (I Judge) coming to view us and eight of our closet friends and then maybe the Debbie McDonald clinic.

No comments: