Friday, December 12, 2008

Weathering the storms

Tis the season to be...

ah bah humbug.

The holidays are here. The saddle is sold, and my search is still going.

Because of lack of equipment and the odd work schedule, it's breaktime at the barns. One of the rare times I take off and catch up with the rest of the world. It's also regroup time for one of the show's I'm apart of. We're in the middle of a capital campaign and need to raise some serious funds this year. Also moved forward with the judges, and we have several new ideas going forward.

The pony has officially been off for two weeks now. She's had a massage, two apples and a number of other things done in between. I'm aching to get back to it, but with the current schedule at work, its better this way. Bella has been touch go for the past month due to several odd happenstances.

It has given me time to spend time with my mother-to-be. She's enjoying regular massages, grooming and treats. She's gained 100 pounds and waddles when she trots. Her blankets are maxed out to the ends of their straps.

And I'm hitting the end of mine. I look like a whale. I need to either step back into the saddle or cut back on the odd calorie intake.

Speaking of ponies, I think I have my breeding priorities wrong. I've always had the idea that I would end up breeding a couple baroque mares (PRE/Lusitano), but in reality, my programs have always been geared towards ponies. There's a huge demand for dressage-trained ponies. Dressage bloodlines and performance bloodlines.

I think I need to concentrate on something that I've always been concentrating on.

No comments: