Monday, July 22, 2013

Just a little bit of everything

Physically, it's been a very busy week.

There were multiple training days where people looked in on us, friends in town and travel days to new parts of the world.

Combine this with my birthday, a bunch of work, vet, doing entries, and chiro appointments, I'm happy to be back with an extra day to sleep in. Unfortunately there won't be a day off, there are horses to work that need catching up on and laundry. Never ending laundry.

The other reason for the straight ride through is the week after next is a trip to Maryland for the EDAP at Hasslers and then a short prep to  two back to back shows, HTBB and Meadow Lake, for the boys to compete at.

The big success story of the week was the three day clinic with Alfredo Hernandez, after what happened earlier in April, I really thought I wouldn't have another person to really push me along let alone be in my corner. Life is funny in that regard.

There's a lot that was covered and a lot of exercises were given. Many of which have become fast favorites, several more which were incorporated into the babies' programs.

We are also now confirmed in piaffe and passage. I knew Sinaris piaffe would be nice but in the passage she about unseated me because of the height and volume. I was laughing so hard not because of how high she bounced but the fact we were 60 meters down the pike and we were really doing it, when I thought I would have to truffle shuffle along into it.

In the process we scored more ability on the half pass and pirs through developing gymnastic ability versus just doing it over and over and over again.Which is what I was doing (and the definition of insanity in the process).

The entire funny bit was I was on the verge of not going, because for the most part I've felt in a rut for a long time and there was (and still is) a never ending list of things to do. I'm thrilled that I went and I'm more than eager to get back in the game.

1 comment:

Piccolopony said...

That is so awesome! I love lessons like that and can't wait to take more myself.