Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Smart buy

I like doing things myself for my horses.

Every day, I muck stalls, change blankets, wraps, haul hay, feed, water, shavings, give various meds when warranted, do my own shopping, hauling... you get the idea. My life is one never ending chore.

Lately though getting to the feed store has been a hassle, despite working down the road from KBC International, a local tack shop and living about a mile away from Southern States, it just seems like another stop on the uber list of stops I have to make.

In addition to a jaunt out of the way, I just sometimes don't don't make it there on time.

They don't always have everything in one shot either, which means extra trips to the extra stores.

I eventually set up an account with the various stores to drop the appropriate amount of feed (have that down to a time frame too) at the barn and charge my debit. I avoid a delivery charge and I get what I want.

However, they don't always have the supplements.

While May gets her M-30 and Mare Plus (an easy buy anywhere), Sinari gets Glanzen 3, an energy supplement, a Joint Supplement and Fish and/or Corn oil. I can't tell you how many hours I spent sacking a 30 day supply so I wouldn't have to throw it together last minute.

It was irritating and messy as hell.

So with 3.75 horses, I can't run hither and yon anymore.

I finally broke down and went with the flow. I bought in to Smart Paks.

They arrived today and already the OCD rider in me is really impressed. Not only did they arrive what I thought to be early, but they arrived with full directions, next delivery dates (for the next four months), change dates, copy of the nutrition information, a sterilite container for the supplements and a few other bonuses.

I can't wait to test these bad boys out on the road.

Personally, it just saved me a hole lot of hassle, time and from my calculator lots of green.

So, I'm pimping the pak. Well worth it and an idea I wish I had long ago.

No comments: