Saturday, March 28, 2015

Make it back home by Monday

My time in Germany is coming to a close, next Sunday I pack my bags and I catch a flight early Monday morning back to the states to begin my season there with my girls. It's crazy to think my first show is May, and my season's calendar is looking booked with shows and clinics. 

It's strange to imagine that the time has passed that quickly but in the end, it was very useful. I have few regrets here, I know I'll return next fall/winter before migrating to Florida. 

I'm sad but excited to go, the place has given me more perspective and tools about riding, teaching, selling and the business that I can't wait to incorporate into my own herd when I get home. But at the same time, I don't want to leave. The place is a second home. So, in a way, I, like everyone else who does this has a heart on each continent. 

It's also been busy here, the last two or three weeks have been nothing but sales calls. We sold five horses in two weeks, internationally, and with a few more pending as this week opened up with queries on two of the top young horses in the barn. I'm also excited to announce my partnership with my German breeders who starting in Fall 2015 will begin pushing horses to the states for me to sell into the American market. The first one being the full brother to one of my favorites, Fairyland, who's lovely personality and raw gaits look like a good match for America. 

The funny thing is I'm typically not a German horse fan. My exposure has been to mostly the U.S. with the Hanovarian and Oldenburg books, and my herd is primarily KWPN but there's good blood, a good program, and stellar movement here, so, quality is quality no matter how you register it. 



4 comments:

Austen Gage said...

So excited you're heading back! I still think we should get together in DC after I get moved! :)

What a cool opportunity to link up with your German connections, and to work with a type of horse you have experience with! So awesome!

TeresaA said...

it sounds like you learned a lot in Germany and are coming home 'richer' than you left.

TeresaA said...

it sounds like you learned a lot in Germany and are coming home 'richer' than you left.

Aoife said...

What an epic business venture! I am so gutted that I couldn't organise myself for a meet up this year. Please let me know when you come back and I'll do better next time!