(I tried re-creating the post exactly how it was but, of course things get jumbled)
11 Facts About Me:
1. I ride two to three horses, six days a week on top of a forty hour a week job. Two exceptions to this are weather over 100 and sub 30 degrees. I maintain my amateur status, clean stalls, hang the tack, work for Christoph Hess, and manage my own company in addition to all of this.
2. I was a vegetarian for 10 years. Animal Science changed this.
3. I started my company wanting an education, and got much more than I bargained for. I've met countless people, and it's made me a better person and rider.
4. I was a professional journalist for 8 years. It's how I saw much of the world, and I wouldn't exchange the experience. I stopped because the industry was unstable, and the hours really pushed out riding. I made a then-choice to take a crappy job with stable hours so I could train.
5. I am dyslexic. I was in special education for 9 years.
6. I'm way excited about the quality coming up in my barn, but it's also intimidating that I have to live up to it.
7. I'm a pedigree geek. I love qualitative relationships and theory that doing ped work provides.
8. I live next to a pretty cemetery.
9. I love to sleep. You'll often find me conked out on the couch with a book, a cat and the TV going.
10. I used to hate texting and resisted forever about getting an iPhone. Now, I prefer texting and can't live without it.
11. I have good people. I couldn't do anything without them.
- Why did you start blogging and who in real life knows that you blog?
I started blogging to track the progress and chart goals for Sinari. From there its evolved with the goal set and various things that are happening, the cast of characters also evolved as well. A lot of people know I blog, the cool thing (aside from getting comments) is actually meeting readership and getting to know their stories.
- Black or brown tack
Black, but I covet a pair of brown (dark brown) schooling boots.
- Favorite Comfort food?
Chocolate, and various mediums thereof.
- Favorite Color?
Red, blues, second runner up black.
- If you could ride any horse (living or not), who would it be?
Too many to list.
- What other pets do you own?
Two cats. Although they would question the word owner.
- What is your "hidden talent?"
- You win the lottery, what would you buy first?
More Grand Prix horses and pay off the house.
- You can travel anywhere, for an infinite amount of time, with an infinite amount of money, where do you go?
Europe, to train.
- You're intimidated by?
Lack of knowledge, being out of my depth.
- Favorite movie?
My favorite thing to do at the end of the day is to watch movies. I really don't have any favorite that I can specifically recall. But my Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts are well abused, and on my truly off days (rare) I love going to the movies if there's anything decent playing.`
From Woven Web:
1. Favorite racehorse and why?
Curlin or Rags to Riches. Classic distance horses have always been a favorite. I hope I see offspring in the sport horse arena.
2. First racetrack you ever went to or wish to visit if never been?
Saratoga, made Keeneland look a little shabby.
3. Favorite horse real or fictional?
My own. Perk of the job is I know wonderful horses, but seeing mine and how they're developing is the most exciting.
4. What color of horse do you prefer and which markings on it?
Inadvertently partial to chestnuts with bling. Bays and blacks are apparently popular too.
5. Who is your riding idol?
6. Best place you've ever visited that isn't considered a major tourist attraction or is 'off the beaten path'?
7. Favorite breakfast cereal?
Raisin Bran, otherwise granola in milk.
8. Favorite non horse animal? Can't be cat or dog either...
9. What are you most afraid of?
Being out of my depth.
10. Could you ever see yourself training or competing in dressage?
I too aspire to make pretty twenty meter sand circles.
11. Three people, dead or alive, real or fictional you'd have dinner with?
b. The Klimkes
c. Felicitas Von Neuman Cosal