Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Can't you see I've waited long enough?

Today's the day. A long road ahead of us, a longer road behind us.

It's bitter cold here and while I'm snuggling up to my tissue box, blanket and Vitamin C, we've been packing non stop, prepping non stop and pushing non stop to start the first leg of the trip. It's been long days and longer nights.

There are a few things that I've already learned about packing, one of which is get a bigger bag and never try to do things around the holidays. People never respond.

Also that Home Depot has good, large trunks to pack your horse's stuff in (and they're open late!), that work with your rep's to get your stuff in order in another place, have cash on hand, a kind word, and have a good home and away support team.

The ponies loaded up today and are currently en-route to Peter's farm in Ocala. They'll be there earlier than I will. Normally I would be right down with them, but I have some minor things to finish up at the house prior to going down (like packing the electronics that I need an minor foodstuffs) I'll be leaving before the crack of dawn tomorrow, and hopefully will be down there early afternoon.

No comments: