Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pride in the name of love

I have become the Epsom salt queen.

Not for the pony, but for myself. In the past three weeks, we've taken a total of four days off. Two purposeful, the other two due to weather. Even in high winds and so-so weather we rode.

But I've discovered muscles that haven't been existent for sometime, and some that still need developing.Still figuring out the mediums and extensions, still need to make the pir's smaller, and the tempi's are coming along very well.

The pony has been progressing rapidly, consistently and what seems like break through after break through. I'm the one who occasionally has the brain fart, over shooting (!) the centerline and conceptually getting my head wrapped around some of the exercises. By far she excels in the collected work and lateral, it's easier for her to work in the canter, but the trot stuff is coming just nicely.

Despite extra curricular stuff, this is easily the best time of our lives. The show schedule has been amended, and it looks like we'll be doing some out of state traveling.

For the first time in about two years, I want to do more and I don't care how much work I have to put in.

1 comment:

Val said...

She is GORGEOUS!