Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sweeter than bounty itself

2010, like November, is nearly at it's end and there is much to be thankful for.

The ponies and I lead unusual lives. 

I am thankful that everyday they lead me on an amazing adventure. I am thankful that when the day is done, and we look back we are doing so together. Without them, I am nothing, and with them, I am everything. 

 I am ever thankful of what we accomplished and the team that was developed behind us. Without them, I would not be on the path that we are taking. 

I hope the start of the holiday season sees you all in comfortably, and that you may have a warm house, a good meal, and everything that brings you joy.

Thanksgiving is sweeter than bounty itself.
One who cherishes gratitude does not cling to the gift!
Thanksgiving is the true meat of God’s bounty;
The bounty is its shell,
For thanksgiving carries you to the hearth of the Beloved.
Abundance alone brings heedlessness,
Thanksgiving gives birth to alertness.
The bounty of thanksgiving will satisfy and elevate you,
And you will bestow a hundred bounties in return.
Eat your fill of God’s delicacies,
And you will be freed from hunger and begging.
-Rumi

1 comment:

kippen64 said...

Being Australian, Thanksgiving is something I only vaguely understand. However being grateful to my horses, now that I can fully appreciate.