Saturday, September 11, 2010

Time is on my side

Time has been slipping towards the inevitable around here.

There are less than 14 days to go for WEG, and one week for Edward Gal's clinic. Everything, and I mean everything, has been kicked into high gear.

Sinari's training has both progressed and taken a step back.

While we are still at the walk and trot. we've managed to clean up more of the basic work. Transitions are much more clear, there feels like more self carriage and a bigger trot. We've also been working on the extended walk to collected walk and shortening the walk steps. On the side, halt transitions as well.

We also took a step back from the double and the spurs. We're back in the snaffle and getting her hotter off the leg. Also spent the majority of the week without stirrups to help my position.

All in all, it's good. But man, I miss lateral work.

3 comments:

kippen64 said...

Hang in there. Things will get better. I enjoyed your last post a lot. As the owner/rider of a short large horse, I agree with you. (He has been described as the biggest short horse that you are ever likely to meet.)

Kelly said...

It's ultra frustrating, but it's alright and the thing is it's all about the waiting game.

Today was a stronger ride.

Golden the Pony Girl said...

It is true, having to take a step back and wait is so difficult! I like that you are using it to your advantage though. You have inspired me to take off my stirrups. It has been too long since I rode without them!