Tuesday, August 10, 2010

These boots are made for walking

We're back under saddle and needless to say I'm a much happier person. It was a long, boring two weeks of cold hosing, hand grazing and adjustments. I think Sincere is officially sick of me.

The ride itself was nothing spectacular. Just a brief walk around the polo field. She was great.Would have gone and rode today if it wasn't for the 103 degree weather and me sweating standing still. There are times I miss the North East, this is one of them.

Our return has meant a few more sacrifices, specifically, my right boot. The Mountain Horse zipper finally gave out and went off the track. So I'm tracking down the ye olde boot smithe to fix so I don't look so hillbilly like. It also reminded me that I need to find a pair to go in the public with.

Fall is definitely approaching quickly, the town meter which had read 800 days till WEG a few years ago has been pushing lower double digits, the weather has become more bi-polar and people are swinging towards championship season. I can't wait for WEG, and the crown of the season for Team EnGaged- Edward Gal's clinic.

The end of summer and soon the season is the cornerstone of our year out. While she isn't 100 percent now, give it a few weeks and she will be up to snuff to go onto PSG next year. I don't know if we'll reach the goal of running through the PSG once this month, but by September we should be going well enough for one of the Snowbirds.

1 comment:

SmartAlex said...

I'm glad you're back to riding. If it's any consolation, the NE has been hot and muggy this year. Yesterday was 85 and humid. William was sweating in the turnout, so we went for a stroll around the hayfields just to catch a breeze. This is the first time I've ever found him standing damp so the heat index must have been pretty high.