Friday, February 5, 2010

And I say it's all right.

I have not seen much of my little boy lately. I blame the weather and my other line of work (clinic organizer) for temporarily taking over my life.

The little boy, I'm sure is not missing me much with the all you can eat buffet in front of him.

I think he is looking little less like a yak since he started shedding out a few weeks ago and is still wimpy about in the cold.


For what we have done, he has progressed and improved upon since December.He leads confidently, pretty much goes where-ever, and is coming into his own.

January's goals were more or less met:

Tying
Achieved. We started tying him with a double ended rubber tie. Aside from fiddling like an ADD student in English Lit, he took it alright.

Standing
ADD student all he way. He likes testing boundaries. He has improved to how long he'll stand and where (stall and outside, but not grooming stall), but still has a long way to go.

Relaxing
He's getting there through Endo Tapping. He's more self assured as well.

Stall time
Goes in and out every day now, twice daily. Usually it's short trips in and out to eat, but they are becoming longer. 

So February's goals?

-Standing for the farrier.
-Clippers
-In and out of the arena
-Tying

No comments: