Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bumper cars

When I thought the week couldn't get any more sour (aside from weather and not riding), I was rear-ended by a SUV driving woman while I was stopped at a stop light. She got the bumper, the hitch receiver. I got her head light and the majority of her front bumper.

Trucks are a lot tougher than they look.

My truck is an older truck (1996), and I've driven it through a lot. I've managed to take care of it the best I can. Its not only my day-to-day vehicle, but my hauling vehicle.

I hold my horses lives more valuable than my own. It is because of this, I have the hitch inspected and the breaks done yearly. She jeopardized the integrity of the hitch, and really jeopardized my ability to haul safely for this year.

So I filed the claim and I'm waiting.

But frankly, I'm still annoyed. Really annoyed. I can't afford a new(er) truck yet, and I'm saving as quickly as I can for another while expanding my portfolio of bloodstock and DOW stocks.

Speaking of things that haul, I'm eying the F250, so I have the alternative of hauling with the gooseneck.

I did manage to get on Sinari today. She felt wonderful for having a week off.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aw craps! I hope the claim comes through, that is no fun at all! :(