Share-Please complete this and tag me so I can read about you and your horse.
1. How old were you when you first started riding? Three.
2. First horse ridden: ponies at Snowbird, but my first real memory is riding at Desidario.
3. First horse trotted on: Pony's at Snowbird
4. First horse cantered on: Equalizer
5. First Horse fallen off of: Miss Muffit
6. Most recent horse fallen off of: Sinari
7. First horse you trotted over poles with: Equalizer
8. First horse jumped with: Miss Muffitt
9. First horse who ran away with you: Merlin (in a waterford gag no less)
10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Jamie
11. First horse shown? Merlin
12. First horse to win a class with: Equalizer
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: too many to count
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: Jamie
15. First horse trail ridden with: Grenada (in Vermont/NH at camp)
16. First Barn: Snowbird, but really it was Desidario
17. Do you ride English or western? English
18. First Horse to place at a show with: Jester
19. Ever been to horse camp? Yes, at Roads End Farm
20. Ever been to a riding clinic? Yes, Tom Poulin, Chris Hickey
21. Ridden sidesaddle? No
22. Horse you hate the most: Didn't hate her, just didn't get along: Jamie
23. First horse owned: Jamie
24. Highest ribbon in a show? High Point
25. Ever been to an 'A' rated show? Yes
26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races? Yes, graduated C-3 Pony Club
27. Ever fallen off at a show: Yes
28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers? I did
29. Have you ever barrel raced and done poles? Yep
30. Do you own a horse trailer? What type?: At one point
31. Favorite gait(s): Extended canter
32. Ever galloped bareback? yes
33. Have you ever done dressage? Yeah, a lot
34. Have you ever evented? yep
35. Have you ever mucked a stall? Gajillions
36. Ever been bucked off? Yep
37. Ever been on a horse that reared? Yes, by accident and during Levade.
38. Horses or ponies? Ponies
39. Do you wear a helmet? yes and no
40. What's the highest you've jumped: 4'5 with 5'0 spread
41. Have you ever ridden at night? Yes
42. Do you watch horsey television shows? yep and youtube. Supposted to get RFDTV next month.
43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall? yes, dislocated both shoulders, concussion.
44. Have you ever ridden without anything (no saddle, bridle, halter etc.): no
45. Do you ride in an arena or ring? five days a week
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse? No
47. Have you ever been bitten? Yep, but by accident most times
48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse? Several
49. Do you clean your tack regularly? Well....
50. Ever showed at a breed show? Yes, Arabian and Welsh.
*YOUR HORSE*-or if you have many pick your favorite (I'm cheating here I have my obvious favorite but you know).
51. Show Name:
- Bro A Bryn Siwrnai
- May's Diamond Nine
- Castleberry Chianti
- Bella Breeze DHFK (Owned by Deer Haven)
- Fibonacci K.
- three-quarters, Fibbo, Fibbers
- Po-nay/the mare
- unbroke broodmare
- 9 years
- 7 years
- 8 months,
- 6 years
- 3/4's born.
- producing babies
- Dressage to second level (schooling third/fourth)
- dressage (intro)
- herdbound/baby bound
- none yet
- A little
- a little
- can be
- not yet
- maybe haven't tried
- not even out of the womb.
65. Does your horse come when you call? all of them except the blond Austrian child who is too busy eating her way to china.
66. Is your horse good with children and other horses:
- Does not like kids
- loves babies (equine variety), likes the occasional human
- curious about everything
- very good with kids
- is a kid.
68. Ever a lesson horse? Hell no.
69. Does your horse like treats? Yep!
- sugar cubes
- black licorice
- Water melon
- Banana bread
71. Is your horse easy to work around?
Can be, but most of them can be pushy
72. Has your horse ever escaped from it's stall? Attempted, the rest live out.
73. Do you feel safe on your horse?
- Yes (Sinari)
- yes (Bella).
75. Is your horse good for the farrier/vet?
- yes/needs to be twitched
- yes/can be a wimp with jabs
- don't know yet
77. Have you ever had a moment where you feel really connected to your horse? Yes.
78. Does your horse like hay? LOVES it and they can be picky. Ponies, go figure.
79. Does your horse have special feed or supplement?
- Sinari: Joint/Glazen, 14 percent and alfalfa cubes, mult-vitamin, v. E.
- May: Mare/foal supplement, M-30
- Chi: Hay, M-30
- Bella: Would like to put her on a hoof supplement, Glazen, M-30
- .75: Gets whatever May gets
- neat only when she has a window and is deeply banked
- rest: lives outside
82. Do you use a whip and spurs?
- yes/yes (bella)
- Mummy makes him/her do it
- Every day
- Every opportunity (Bella)
- Blaze/snip/2 socks,
- blaze, 3 socks,
- Stripe, 2 socks
- Blaze, four socks
- fat blaze, four whites (alright I'm hoping here)
87. What color is your horse's halter? Brown leather
88. Does your horse follow you? Usually
89. Can your horse backup? Yes
90. Is your horse's trot easier to sit to or post to?
- Sit (Sinari)
- Sit (Bella)
92. Describe your horse in one word:
- Not yet (ET in 2010)
- Yes (this will be her fifth)
94. Do you and your horse have "colors"? Green/black
95. What is your horse's favorite treat?
- Sugar cubes
- Dumore cookies
- whatever mum gets
- no, unless it's an entire session
- no, unless it's an entire session
- Yes, she was understanding
- Yes, she enjoyed it (Bella)
- Including my mother? six.
- yes, and I encourage her
- very clean for having that much white
- can't tell if she's chestnut or brown
- mum makes him/her stay clean
I tag everyone who reads this blog.